Is The Hot Shot Stun Gun Lethal?
Hotshot stun guns are small devices that can fit into handbags very easily with some prongs that conduct electrical charges. They are non-lethal weapons mainly used for personal protection by women.
When activated, it produces some electrical charge/arcs that flush through the probes to disable an attacker. In most cases, the sound intimidating sound it produces alone is usually more than enough to scare an assailant.
If that doesn’t work, you can apply it to the attacker. It makes the bodywork extremely hard within microseconds depleting his or her blood sugars needed for energy production instantly. The effect doesn’t last for long. It can last up to 10 minutes, giving you more than enough time to get away.
How lethal is it?
Back to our question ‘Is the Hot Shot Stun Gun Lethal?’ Though not very lethal because of their low amperage, in very RARE cases, some people have experienced cardiac arrest after being shocked by the gun on their chest. In most of these cases, the weapon was used on the chest, and the victims were affected immensely, after their hearts started beating abnormally or too fast
Also, most of those affected adversely had other underlying issues as well as stressful situations that contracted considerably to triggering cardiac arrest. So to use it effectively and safely, researchers recommend avoiding shooting the chest and, if possible, monitoring the person afterward if possible.
But as you do this, remember your safety comes fast. If the person seems dangerous and you feel like you are at risk of any violent crime like rape or assault, just getaway. After all, the person wanted to harm you in the first place. However, if you accidentally shocked the person, be prepared to resuscitate them if they lose consciousness using an external defibrillator.
Other tips for using the gun safely and adequately:
· Make sure the stun gun is legal where you are. They are not legal in some cities and states, so check with the law enforcement department first.
· Read the directions in the brochure carefully
· Keep in mind that the stun gun is technically a weapon, and any misuse can be the basis for criminal charges
· All stun guns have a safety switch. Please make sure you switch it off when not in use.
· The short stun gun produces a thunderous noise with some flashing arcs when used. As such, ensure that you get used to seeing and hearing those effects. If not, it may scare the heck out of you when you apply it for the first time.
· A 2 to it 5-second charge is enough to incapacitate an attacker for up to 15 minutes.
· Follow these tips to not only use it safely, but also get the most out of the gun. It is a robust, stun application ideal for self-defense. You never know; it may save your life one day in a way that you would never imagine.
“So is the Hot Shot Stun Gun Lethal?” Having a stun gun is very important when walking alone in isolated or dark alleys. It is one of the most effective self-defense weapons for women staying at a motel, apartment, off-campus apartment, or even college dorms.